Video Tutorials for Using the Safe Routes to School Data System
Thank you for the interest in evaluating your Safe Routes to School Program. This page offers a menu of video tutorials designed to provide an overview of the evaluation resources offered by the National Center for Safe Routes to School and to show how to use the online Data System for entering, analyzing and retrieving data and reports about your Safe Routes program. The video tutorials below appear in an order that generally follows how the Data System was designed to be used: from establishing a user log-in, creating a program account and adding schools to the program, to entering questionnaire data and creating summary reports of those data. If you are unsure where to begin, Tutorials 1 and 2 are good starting places.
- Overview of available evaluation, data collection, and data entry resources (10:51)
- Introduction to the Data System tutorials (2:58)
- Create a user login and access the Data System (3:07)
- Forgotten password retrieval and log-in information update (1:47)
- Create new programs and schools in the Data System (7:09)
- Add a new school to an existing SRTS program in the Data System (2:40)
- Mail Travel Tallies and Parent Surveys to the National Center (8:43)
- Online Parent Survey (4:03)
- Enter Travel Tallies and Parent Surveys yourself (7:34)
- Create summary reports of Student Travel Tally and/or Parent Survey data (9:56)
- Request permission as a returning user to access schools that already exist in the Data System (2:05)
- Grant another user permission to access one or more school(s) in my local SRTS program (6:56)
For written instructions that cover the materials described in the video tutorials, please see documents: Data System Instructions , How to Mail Data for Processing or Instructions for using the Online Parent Survey.
Tutorial music: audionautix.com