This Tutorial will describe the evaluation resources the National Center for Safe Routes to School offers. Topics described include the online Evaluation Guide and then describe the standardized questionnaires and the data entry options available.
Evaluation is an important component of any Safe Routes program. Evaluation is used to determine if a program’s objectives are being met and to assure that resources are directed toward efforts that show the greatest likelihood of success. Also, evaluation can identify needed adjustments to the program while it is underway.
- Overview of available evaluation, data collection, and data entry resources (10:51)
- Introduction to the Data System tutorials (2:58)
- Create a user login and access the Data System (3:07)
- Forgotten password retrieval and log-in information update (1:47)
- Create new programs and schools in the Data System (7:09)
- Add a new school to an existing SRTS program in the Data System (2:40)
- Mail Travel Tallies and Parent Surveys to the National Center (8:43)
- Online Parent Survey (4:03)
- Enter Travel Tallies and Parent Surveys yourself (7:34)
- Create summary reports of Student Travel Tally and/or Parent Survey data (9:56)
- Request permission as a returning user to access schools that already exist in the Data System (2:05)
- Grant another user permission to access one or more school(s) in my local SRTS program (6:56)
Tutorial music: audionautix.com